15th EPUAP ANNUAL MEETING 2012
Identifying research gaps and clinical needs in pressure ulcer prevention and management.
19th-21st September 2012, Cardiff, Wales
Venue: Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel
- International ‘No Pressure Ulcer day’
- The new PUCLAS classification online tool
- Microclimate and moisture lesions,
- Incontinence-associated dermatitis (IAD),
- New technologies in pressure ulcer treatment
- Scientific developments in pressure ulceration
- Pressure ulcer prevention therapies
- Pressure ulcer guideline implementation: clinical drivers versus financial drivers
- International guideline adaptation – the Belgian, Netherlands & UK experience
- Superficial VS deep infection in pressure ulcers, diagnosis, and management.
- Pain and pressure ulcers
Joint Key Session: EWMA collaboration
Live link to Cardiff Complex Wound Clinic – complex wound management in action
- Sacral pressure ulcers – diagnosis, prevention, and treatment
- Pressure ulcer debridement
- Pressure ulcers in palliative care
- Physical modalities for treating pressure ulcers
- How to compare pressure ulcer frequencies within quality improvement contexts
- Pressure ulcer aetiology
- In addition there was a student paper competition, free papers and posters including oral poster session (closing date 30th April, 2012) and a special ‘meet the industry’ session.
- The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) Novice and Experienced Investigator Awards for 2012
As an authority that leads pressure ulcer research in Europe as well as internationally, the EPUAP recognises leadership and contributions to pressure ulcer research by awarding two prizes each year at its annual meeting:
The EPUAP Novice Investigator Award
– Awarded to a researcher at an early career stage
The EPUAP Experienced Investigator Award
– Awarded for a significant, internationally-recognized contribution to pressure ulcer research
Both prizes were awarded for either basic science or clinical science achievements, and reflected accomplishments that clearly contribute to advancing the field. The prizes were awarded by the President of EPUAP at the Annual Conference Dinner. Laureates of the EPUAP Novice and Experienced Investigator Awards were to give talks at the EPUAP Annual Conference following the Award Notification, in a special plenary session named “The EPUAP Novice and Experienced Investigator Award Lectures”.
Free paper and poster abstracts
EPUAP continued with the two successful new initiatives launched in the previous annual meeting – oral poster presentations and student free paper session, and there was to be an award for the best poster presented by the President of the EPUAP at the Gala Dinner. There was also a free paper session on the main program for graduate students who wished to present their research studies and an award for the best student free paper also to be presented by the President of EPUAP at the Gala Dinner.
- Woundbedpreparation and T.I.M.E. : 10 years experience with an Enzyme Alginogel® – Flen Pharma
- See the pressure you’re up against: Continuous Pressure Mapping at the bedside – Wellsense
- Pressure ulcer evidence, costs and outcomes: A common language for preventing pressure ulcers. – ArjoHuntleigh
- ‘Mattresses…the Science behind the fabric’ – Invacare