EPUAP Masterclass 2018
2nd EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Masterclass
Hosted by University Centre for Nursing and Midwifery (Ghent University), Ghent University Hospital and EduWond in collaboration with the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP).
Date: 13 – 15 March 2018
Location: Ghent University Hospital / Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent
Chairs of the EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass 2018:
Prof. Dimitri Beeckman, University Centre for Nursing & Midwifery, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Mr. Steven Smet, RN MSc, Woundcare Coordinator, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Dr. Jan Kottner, Clinical Research Center for Hair and Skin Science Department of Dermatology and Allergy Charité-Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Main topics will include:
- Pressure ulcer etiology (biomechanics, pressure induced deep tissue injury, microclimate)
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment
- Pressure ulcer diagnosis and classifcation
- Device related pressure ulcers
- Health economics
- Support surfaces for prevention and treatment: biomechanics and clinical evidence
- Case discussions for prevention and treatment (critically ill patients, pediatrics, rehabilitation, palliative care, bariatric patient)
- Treatment: cleansing, debridement, assessment and treatment of infection and bioflms, wound dressings, biological dressing, growth factors and biophysical agents
- Guideline development
- Implementation, quality indicators, quality improvement projects
- (Basic principles about) research and pressure ulcers
Application deadline is 15th December 2017!
The EPUAP Pressure Ulcer Masterclass Programme is available here.
The programme includes:
- lectures by international renowned pressure ulcer experts,
- guided tour in the woundcare department,
- complex case discussions, group work,
- networking event.
More information can be found here.