16th Annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) meeting in collaboration with APUPA, Austria.
28th-30th August 2013, Vienna, Austria
Venue: Austria Centre, Vienna
The 16th Annual Meeting of EPUAP was held between 28 and 30 August 2014 at Austria Centre in Vienna.The EPUAP President Prof. Michael Clark and APUPA President Mrs Zita Kis Dadara, MSc, welcomed participants and many well-known national and international speakers. The industry exhibition also introduced the latest developments in the field.
EPUAP 2013 highlights:
• 450 delegates
• 33 countries represented
• 102 scientific lectures, workshops, and industry symposia
The scientific programme was very comprehensive and it included interesting topics:
• Translating enthusiasm into clinical practice
• Best practice in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment
• Pressure ulcers and electrical stimulation
• Communication between care settings
• Telemedicine in pressure ulcer management
• Central European pressure ulcer experience
• Pain and pressure ulcers
• Angiogenesis and pressure ulcer healing
• Deep pressure ulcers
• New surgical interventions and after care
The EPUAP/NPUAP 2014 Guidelines and PuClaS3 were launched at the conference.