Pressure Ulcers: The Flourishing of Science to Support Prevention and Healing
1st-3rd September 2010, Birmingham, UK
Venue: The University of Birmingham
- Redefining pressure ulcers
- Pressure ulcer risk assessment tools – friend or foe?
- How do cells deform, and how might that relate to pressure ulcers?
- Optical and nano approaches in wound healing
- Pressure ulcers and dementia- is there a relationship?
- Why should we assess pain in pressure ulcers?
- Electrical stimulations to prevent pressure ulcers
- Animal models of spinal cord injury and their application to understand biomechanical changes occurring in deep tissue injury
- Electrotactile biofeedback systems for preventing pressure ulcers
- Repositioning in pressure ulcer prevention and management
- What is different about heels? A review of the anatomy of the heel compared to other body sites and photographic evidence of the progress of the ulcers